Exceed Your Limitations
What Is Biokinetics
Biokinetics is concerned with the rehabilitation of injury or disease. Biokineticists prescribe scientifically and medically based exercise and movement programs as a tool of rehabilitation. This form of rehabilitation is also utilized as a means to educate, empower and equip individuals to take control over their physical condition.
Biokinetics In South Africa
Biokinetics is unique to South Africa and is growing exponentially as a profession both on a local and a global scale. Biokeniticists are registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) as well as BASA (Biokinetics Association of South Africa). Biokinetics is also recognized as a form of medical treatment by most medical aids in South Africa.
When Should You See a Biokineticist?
- When you have suffered an injury which continues to hamper your ability to function optimally.
- When you suffer from muscle &/or joint conditions that affect your quality of life.
- When you require conditioning prior to surgery.
- When you require final phase rehabilitation post surgery.
- To optimize performance
- Sport specific conditioning
- Biomechanical and postural correction
- Muscle balancing and function
- Muscle and joint injury treatment
- Muscle and joint injury prevention
- Scientifically based strength testing
- If you suffer from a chronic disease such as heart disease, hypertension, arthritis or diabetes.
- If you need to increase physical activity levels and ability but are afraid of factors such as injury and uncertainty.
- Neurological conditions
- Auto immune conditions
Medical Aid Testing
- If you require a medical aid fitness assessment.